From cool brews like Dalgona coffee and dreamy soft pink whips of whipped strawberry milk, there have been a plethora of viral drinks capturing our eyes (and taste buds) as of late. That includes turning super trendy hard seltzer into a fun, boozy slushie. This easy-to-make drink is both low-carb and low-calorie compared to other alcoholic slushies, so you can inbev guilt-free.
The Basics Of The Drink, And How To Make It Your Own
The original White Claw slushie by TikTok user Julia Abnerby calls for four ingredients: frozen berries, ice, one can of lemon White Claw, and 2 shots of Tito’s vodka.
Even though the original recipe used frozen berries, any frozen or sliced fresh fruit will offer up a refreshingly delicious slushie. We recommend watermelon, strawberries, mango, blueberries, blackberries, or a tropical fruit blend.
There are a variety of White Claw hard seltzer flavors to choose from if lemon is not your personal favorite. Other popular flavors include black cherry and ruby grapefruit. Of course, you can also use any hard seltzer of your choosing. If you want to enhance the fruity flavors of your beverage, choose a hard seltzer flavor that will complement the fruit you’ve selected for your slushie’s base.
Lastly is the hard alcohol. While optional, it helps balance the sweetness of the drink while adding that extra punch of booze. The original recipe features vodka, a popular choice that keeps the White Claw slushie as a low-carb and low-calorie summer treat. Other popular low carb, low-calorie alcohol alternatives include tequila, whiskey, gin, rum, and brandy.
White Claw Slushie Recipe
- 1/2 cup frozen berries, of choice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 can White Claw Hard Seltzer, of choice
- 2 shots vodka, or spirit of your choice
- In a high-speed blender, combine the frozen berries, crushed ice, White Claw, and vodka. Blend until all is completely smooth.
- Pour the slushie into two frosted glasses with straws. Serve immediately as your White Claw slushies will be sensitive to heat, causing them to melt quickly. Drink responsibly. Enjoy!