A tabloid claims Eva Mendes is dumping Ryan Gosling and taking their two kids. Gossip Cop can debunk the bogus story. There’s no truth to it.
According to OK! Australia, the couple’s relationship is hanging by a thread and they’re preparing for a major war over their daughters and fortune. The outlet contends that Gosling and Mendes’ supposed problems began after the birth of their second child in 2016. “Ryan was so present with their first daughter, but now he just seems to have drifted away, and Eva’s struggling,” a so-called “source” tells the magazine.
The alleged tipster goes on to say that Gosling “wasn’t ready for a second child” as he had gotten “so used to the idea of Eva as the homemaker and him as the actor breadwinner that their roles got stuck. Now Eva wants to spread her wings again, but she feels she doesn’t have the support.” The questionable insider further claims that Mendes wants to make an acting comeback, but she “feels old and unwanted in Hollywood, and Ryan’s said nothing to make her feel like she could do it.” The untrustworthy tabloid concludes that the two are “leading separate lives” and gearing up for a custody battle.
The outlet’s report is both false and poorly-timed. On Sunday, photos emerged of Gosling taking a stroll with his four-year-old daughter in Los Angeles. On Monday night, Gosling and Mendes were photographed grabbing sushi with both of their daughters. Oddly enough, the American edition of OK! posted pictures of the family’s outing on its website. Simply put, the couple hasn’t split, nor are they fighting over their kids.
As for the idea that the actor “wasn’t ready” for a second child, Mendes told Women’s Health last month that it was Gosling who inspired her to have kids. The actress noted that she never pictured herself being a mother, but then “Ryan Gosling happened.” She added, “Then it made sense for me to have… not kids, but his kids. It was very specific to him.”
Despite the tabloid’s article being provably untrue, Gossip Cop still checked in with a source close to the couple, who confirms their relationship is going strong. It’s worth noting, we busted the American edition of OK! last June for wrongly reporting that Gosling and Mendes were expecting twins. As time has proven, that wasn’t the case.
Back in March 2017, Gossip Cop called out the unreliable magazine for falsely claiming Gosling and Mendes were at a “breaking point” in their relationship. It’s clear the tabloid and its Australian counterpart have zero insight into the couple’s personal life.
Gossip Cop has determined this story is totally false.