If you've ever seen 'Toy Story,' you know that it's a bad idea to mess around with the Claw Machine.
But Mason, a 5-year-old boy living in Titusville, Florida, learned that the hard way last week when he climbed inside of a claw machine at a local video arcade, chasing after a toy.
According to a post on the Titusville Fire Department's Facebook page, Mason's parents were distracted when he decided that, rather than paying to play the Claw, he would simply go in and grab the toy he wanted himself. He then proceeded to climb up into the machine, where he was found a few seconds later by his shocked parents.
Luckily for the family, local firefighter Jeremy House just happened to be dining at Beef O'Brady's restaurant at the time of the incident. Although he was off-duty, he quickly assessed the situation and instructed a bystander to call 911.
Within a few minutes, a fire crew had arrived to rescue Mason. From there, it was just a matter of loosening the screws and prying open the machine. About 5 minutes later, the glass window opened and an embarrassed Mason crawled out of the machine, safe and sound.
Below are pictures of the rescue, included in the Fire Department's post.
According to the Fire Department, Mason "was never in any distress" but was just embarrassed, and the fire crew on the scene "were able to get Mason out in short order with minimal damage to the game."
The best part? Not only did Mason get to keep a bunch of toys from inside the game, including the stuffed animal he originally wanted, he also went right back to eating dinner with his family, apparently unfazed by the incident.
"We're glad everything worked out," the Fire Department sums up. "We love a happy ending."
The Suggest team works tirelessly to provide the most interesting stories, behind-the-scenes details, and fun facts from the Entertainment world in a fun and easy-to-read format. Our articles are guaranteed to entertain you and your friends, no matter your interests.