Prince Harry and Queen Elizabeth did not ban Meghan Markle from attending the 2018 Emmy Awards, despite a made-up tabloid report. Gossip Cop can debunk the story. It’s simply not true.
According to Life & Style, the former “Suits” star wanted to attend this year’s Emmys, but was forced to turn down the invitation because her new husband and the Queen “both said no.” An alleged insider tells the outlet, “Meghan couldn’t wait to show Harry off, but the palace wouldn’t allow it. There’s a lot of planning that goes into a trip now that she’s a Duchess. Nevertheless, it was a bit of a letdown.”
The magazine’s story doesn’t make a ton of sense. For starters, Markle wasn’t nominated for an Emmy so she has no real reason to attend the ceremony. Although it’s true that USA Network submitted Markle for Emmy consideration back in June, she didn’t actually score a nod. In fact, the show “Suits” wasn’t nominated for a single Emmy, so it’s not as if Markle would be supporting the series or any of her former cast members if she were to attend.
Additionally, the Duchess of Sussex has been open about her eagerness to move on from show business and start “a new chapter” as a member of the royal family. When she retired from acting last year, Markle said, “Keep in mind, I’ve been working on [‘Suits’] for seven years… I’ve ticked this box, and I feel very proud of the work I’ve done there, and now it’s time to work with [Prince Harry] as a team.”
Markle further noted that it’s been “really exciting” to transition into her new role as a royal and “focus even more energy on” the causes that are important to her. Just this week, in fact, Markle announced her first solo charity project since her wedding. On Thursday, the Duchess is launching a cookbook featuring recipes from women affected by the 2017 Grenfell Tower Fire in West London. It’s clear that Markle is much more focused on humanitarian efforts than Hollywood awards shows.
Additionally, Life & Style has proven to be very unreliable when it comes to accurately reporting about the Duchess. Back in early June, Gossip Cop busted the tabloid for falsely claiming that Markle and Prince Harry were expecting twins. And just last month, the outlet wrongly reported that Markle was pregnant with twin girls. While the rumor is that she may be pregnant now, she not having two babies at once. This latest article is simply more fiction.
Gossip Cop has determined this story is totally false.