This post may contain affiliate links, which means Mean Magazine could receive a commission if you click through. Rest assured we recommend only products that we love. Thank you for supporting us!
Beauty tutorials abound on social media, but videos focusing on makeup for mature women are harder to find. That’s why we’re so thrilled to learn about this one from Hindash, an incredibly talented makeup artist in Dubai. An added bonus is his adorable dog, which he cuddles in his arms throughout each video intro.
His model is a stunning Demi Moore lookalike with long silver locks. She’s already beautiful without makeup, and Hindash emphasizes that natural beauty with a somewhat light touch (compared to his and most other makeup tutorials) to create an understated, polished look.
Some of the techniques Hindash shares are wisdom we can use for everyday makeup, even if we’re not doing a full face look like this one. Check out our takeaways from the tutorial, or watch the entire video below.
- Precisely My Brow ($24), our favorite brow-filling and defining pencil, comes in grey!
- Use liquid foundation, not powder. Hindash uses Anastasia Beverly Hills Luminous Foundation ($38)
- Apply a light amount of foundation to prevent extra product from settling into lines.
- Lightly blot your face with a blending sponge after applying foundation to remove excess product that might settle in to lines.
- Apply eye shadow in thin layers.
- If you have grey hair, cool tones will likely complement your silvery locks. Hindash uses the Sigma Beauty Enchanted Palette ($49).
- Use brown shadow as your main eyeliner instead of liquid or pencil.
- Use pencil sparingly after applying shadow to set and emphasize the shadow. Nars eyeliner pencil in Mambo ($24)is Hindash’s favorite.
- We are all afraid of shimmer post-50, but Hindash says it’s lovely when placed strategically. He uses Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Beauty Light Wand ($38)
- To make lips appear fuller, line them along the edge of your lip (check out his technique in the video). He uses Charlotte Tillsbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk ($24) as well as M.A.C. lipliner in Spice ($18).
- Work in lipstick with a brush to prevent a heavy look, and so it won’t settle into lines. Hindash uses M.A.C. Love Me lipstick (which is enriched with organ oil) in Très Blasé.